Open enrollment season is here once again and our priority at Bentek is to help make it easier for you, your employees, and retirees! Check out these 5 Tips that will make your open enrollment a BREEZE this year!
1. Communication is key. Make a plan to communicate early, often and through multiple avenues – email campaigns, text message reminders, educational flyers, and scheduled information sessions are most successful when paired together!
2. Be transparent about benefit changes. Part of that important communication is being clear about any benefit changes and the impact to your employee and retiree populations. Develop a thorough FAQ and distribute in advance of any scheduled sessions to help your members prepare and reduce call volume to your office throughout the open enrollment period.
3. Give employees and retirees enough time. By offering a longer annual enrollment period, employees and retirees can research their options and choose the best plans for themselves and their families. This is especially critical when you are implementing plan changes.
4. Create and distribute benefit information that’s informative and engaging. Create a benefits guide, record a brief benefits overview, or make a video – leverage technology resources that may be available from your broker or benefits technology provider.
5. Dial up the fun! Health insurance and fun aren’t exactly synonymous, but get creative to gain employee buy-in. Think about a themed lunch and learn, prize drawings, or rewards for employees who submit their enrollment early.
Enrollment Should Be Simple.
Bentek is a logic driven platform that utilizes over 4500 business rules to create an intuitive experience that guides employees and retirees through the enrollment process. With our communication and engagement tools, a simple 6-step enrollment process, and the assistance of decision-support tools, Bentek is your one-stop shop for a stress-free OE!